So, you’ve completed beauty school. Congratulations! That means the skills you demonstrated to your instructors were excellent, which only adds more fuel to the passion you have to succeed in the hair styling industry. But if you want to start your own salon, there are many things that need to be done—including purchasing basic salon equipment.
Whether you’re a new salon business owner just starting out or an experienced stylist shopping for new tools, it’s helpful to have a list of essential hair salon equipment in Lincoln, NE on hand. Here are some of the basics:
- Scissors and clippers: The first thing that comes to mind when considering a new hair cut is a pair of scissors or clippers coming toward your head. And that makes sense, since these tools top the list of basic salon supplies—a pair of professional hair cutting scissors, a variety of hair clippers and quality clipper blades. For hair stylists in the making, it doesn’t hurt to ask a professional with experience in the business for scissor and clipper suggestions.
- Hair styling tools: To best serve all your clients’ individual needs and wants, your salon should have the latest hair styling tools. So, in your work area, there should be tools such as blow dryers, curlers, diffusers, multi-styling kits and more.
- Combs and brushes: Hair combs and brushes are definite must-haves for any hair stylist. You should purchase a good variety, including wide-toothed combs, tail-end combs, round brushes and square brushes, as each serves a different purpose to make your client’s salon experience a good one.
- Salon furniture: A professional hair stylist will invite their clients to sit on a professional styling or barber chair, not make them stand or sit on the floor for their haircut. Choose salon furniture that’s the most comfortable, durable and easy to use.
- Styling station: Your styling station is where the magic happens, but it should be well organized if you are to do your job effectively. It’s basically another important piece of furniture, which includes storage drawers, a tool compartment, a mirror, tool holders and at least one electrical outlet.
- Storage carts: When creating a shopping list for your salon, remember to include a cart. A cart is multi-functional, acting as storage space for styling equipment and ideally being easily movable so you can use it where you need it.
- Various other supplies: Of course, there are other smaller supplies you will want to purchase for use at your style station or salon space, depending on your styling specialties. Mixing bowls, shampoo bowls, stirring tools, aprons, handheld mirrors and paper towels are also essential tools that help your salon run smoothly.
As a new salon owner, your first tasks should be to purchase all the basic salon equipment and supplies and envision your workspace. Once all the details have been taken care of, you will start welcoming clients who will leave happy and feeling refreshed. Still need some essentials? Come in today and get all of your hair salon equipment in Lincoln, NE at Spectrum Salon Systems!
Categorised in: Hair Salon Equipment
This post was written by Writer